2

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Could John Edwards Be Obama's Vice President?

This week, something happened that made me nearly pinch myself because I thought I was dreaming: John Edwards was brought up as a potential vice presidential candidate by congressional allies speaking with Barack Obama's vice president search committeee. The thought of having an Obama-Edwards ticket is one that is incredibly attractive to me, as Edwards was my original choice for president, and I see him sharing many of the same values and initiatives, including reform of the status quo in Washington, as Obama.

Edwards would help shore up a shaky Democratic base for Obama: white working-class Democratic-leaning voters, many of whom supported Clinton in the Democratic primary. A recent poll taken by SurveyUSA shows that an Obama-Edwards ticket would win the swing states of New Mexico and Ohio very comfortably for the Democrats, all but guaranteeing victory for them in November. Edwards would be able to go into Appalachia and speak directly with voters there about their economic concerns and pocketbook issues -- and do so with authenticity.

This is a dream ticket for me; I hope that other Democrats agree with my assessment and see the wisdom of having these two together on the Democratic ticket.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Trochilus said...

As Wayne Bryant once said, "Not today!"

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Trochilus said...

Looks like the verdict is in as far as Gary Pearse, a very long time John Edwards supporter, is concerned.

Said Gary about the Woodruff interview on ABC, in part:

It’s not clear who gets the gold medal for biggest phony Friday night: Edwards or the Chinese who organized the Olympics’ opening ceremony.

So when are you going to state the obvious?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home